Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It's in the 60's at night and he's turning on the heat!!!!

Well I think my husband is having a mid-life crisis, exactly the opposite of mine.  I have night sweats even when my room is at a cool 69 degrees and he's turning into a Popsicle at at 70 degrees.  Last night I woke up in a sweat 2 times, came into the kitchen to check the thermostat, both times it was on 75 (current temp) set for the heater to keep it at 74. and the fireplace (it's gas one) had been turned on both times.  So I decided to get up and catch him turning the heat up.  Twice he got up (very scantly clad) within a hour of each other, got a drink and went back to bed. Around 3 I decided I would head back to bed,just before I got to my room I heard him headed my way so I turned to watch him.  He asked me what I was doing I told him I was watching to make sure he didn't turn on the heat again, he responded with something like "I married an Eskimo", I said "no you didn't but just in case you forgot you can keep warmer by wear pajamas and using blankets, I on the other hand can not and will not cool off by running naked around the house or even in my bedroom."  With that he turned and walked away mumbling something about how I don't care about his health....I finally fell back asleep around 4-ish til the alarm went off at 6:30.  So much for the drama in my life....

Yesterday evening I decided to make a brownie recipe I had received from a pastor at an office I worked at.  Donna made these for every special occasion to share with us and they were divinely rich, so I decided to make some to share with the all volunteers at the Christus House Clinic.  They were a big hit.  Here's the recipe, they'd be a great Valentine treat for all you want to feel special and they might even make some not so special people think you are special for sharing this treat.



Symphony Brownies



1 box Pillsbury 13X9 Family size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
Make according to directions. Spray 13x9 metal pan with Pam. Put half of mix in the bottom of the pan. Take three GIANT Symphony with almond and toffee chips Bars. Put two of the bars side by side in pan. cut off about a half inch of the other bar and lay it next to the other two bars. Use the part you cut off to put along the top in the empty space. Put the other half of batter over the candy bars. Bake for 31 minutes at 350.  Allow to cool, cut and dust with powdered sugar.

These turned out great, but I think next time I will use this recipe I found on Tasty Kitchen.  They are called $200 Brownies, but it is basically the same recipe but using 2 mixes (easier to divide) and a few more instructions.  If you try either of these let me know how they turn out...

1 comment:

  1. Well I know how we messed up mom... Baking time should have been 50 minutes at 325. Thats what the tasty home site says

    ReplyDelete