Wednesday, January 25, 2012

And it rained, and rained and rained....

It started raining last night about 9pm and it really has stopped raining for more than a few minutes at a time, there has just about always been at least a drizzle coming down, when it wasn't pouring.  What a great day for taking a nice long nap.  But I will resist the urge, because if I do take a nap I won't sleep tonight.

Worked at the free clinic today, almost immediately when I arrived we had 2 cancellations (due to the weather), and one had already called to cancel before I got there.  So that was three cancels, and right after that, there was 2 no shows, so we had one patient this morning.  Then one of the no shows, shows up about 1-1/2 hours late, along with 3 other patients showing up at the same, so the staff and I had to get a move on, after sitting and talking recipes and food for over an hour.  All of us getting hungrier by the minute.  We starting talking about the rice bowls many Mexican restaurants are serving now, I really want to try one, found a recipe on the Tasty Kitchen web site.  Sounds really good to me, think I'll try it soon, it's called Burrito Bowl.  Got to go the the grocery store before I can make it, I hate going to Wal-Mart for groceries, but when it's the least expensive, I wish someone would compete with Wal-Mart's prices....

One more early morning at the clinic then I can sleep in on Friday.  Three clinics in one week is kinda' tough on old folks like me, but I love being there, and doing what I am doing,  I just wish I could find a paying job that wouldn't interfere with my volunteer career...any ideas????


No comments:

Post a Comment