Cranberry Salsa with Tostada Chips
Tossed Green Salad
Choice of dressings: Ranch, Thousand Island, Blue Cheese
horseradish sauce/sauteed portabela mushrooms and onions
(and I do mean baked not microwaved)
Butter, Sour Cream, Cheese, Chives, Bacon
Green Bean Casserole Au Gratin
Legendary Lion House Rolls
For Dessert choice of:
French Silk Chocolate Pie, My Apple Pie and Key Lime Pie
|My Apple Pie, Key Lime Pie, and French Silk Chocolate Pie|
(I may make some chocolate cupcakes for the grandgirls they're not much on pie)
1/2 small onion chopped
1 jalapeno chopped
1/3-1/2 Serrano pepper optional
1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
1 C sugar 1/2 C Splenda works well too
Dash of salt
Juice of 1 lime
Process first 5 ingredients, stir in remaining ingredients. Chill several hour or over night. Serve with chips
Would taste great thinly spread on a turkey Panini .
I rediscovered how good a real baked potato tasted maybe a year ago. I was trying to duplicate the baked potatoes at OutBack Steak House and came up with this, technique:
Wash/scrub your potatoes well
dry them off
Stab each in several places
Drizzle with olive oil, and rub each to coat
sprinkle with sea salt or kosher salt
Bake at 400 deg for about a hour (depending on their size) or until fork tender
And of course serve piping hot, and top with you favorite toppings.
And I'll just bet you won't believe where I found this recipe...Tasty Kitchen, of course. It really sounds good.
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- ⅛ teaspoons Dry Mustard
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- ¼ teaspoons Black Pepper
- ¾ cups Milk
- ⅓ cups Shredded Colby Or Jack Cheese
- 2 cups Frozen Or Fresh Green Beans, Cooked And Drained
- ¼ cups Butter Flavored Croutons, Crushed
- 2 slices Bacon, Cooked Crisp, Crumbled
- ½ teaspoons Paprika
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Melt butter in pan; add flour, mustard, salt and pepper, stirring constantly until it has a creamy bubbly consistency. Pour in milk and cook, stirring constantly until you have a nice thick white sauce. Add cheese, blend well and remove from heat.
Put green beans in a casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray. Pour the cheese mixture over the green beans and stir to coat the green beans well. Sprinkle the crushed croutons over the green beans. Spread the crumbled bacon over the top and sprinkle the paprika evenly over the top.
Bake for 30 minutes uncovered.
Now for the Key Lime Pie recipe, I found (don't remember where, but I'm pretty sure it was on the internet somewhere) and made recipe #1 for the first time a few weeks ago and it was so good, but I have another recipe I want to try, so I'm not sure right now which I am going to do. I let you know...
Key Lime Pie (2)
#1. Ingredients (5 stars, yes it was that good)
For the crust:
- 1-¼ cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- ⅓ cups Butter
For the filling:
- 1 Tablespoon To 2 Tablespoons Of Grated Lime Zest (optional)
- 2 cans Sweetened, Condensed Milk, 14 Ounce Cans
- ½ cups Sour Cream
- ¾ cups Key Lime Juice
- Optional Garnishes: Whipped Cream And Lime Rounds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Make the crust by combining the graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Then melt the butter in the microwave and mix it together with the crumbs.
3. Press the grainy crust mixture against the bottom and up the sides of a pie dish.
4. Grate the skin of a lime until you have 1 – 2 tablespoons of zest (depending on how “limey” you like it!). I didn't use any and didn't miss it at all.
5. In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lime zest.
6. Mix well and pour into the graham cracker crust.
7. Bake in preheated oven for about 8 minutes, until tiny pinhole bubbles burst on the surface of pie. Do not overcook or get even close to brown! If you don’t get these pinhole bubbles, that’s OK just make sure to still pull out the pie in under 10 minutes or it will burn!
8. Chill pie thoroughly before serving.
9. Garnish with whipped cream and lime rounds, or however desired!
For the Crust:
- 1-¼ cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- ⅓ cups Sweetened Coconut
- 2-½ Tablespoons Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
For the filling:
- 1 can (14 Oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 whole Large Egg Yolks, At Room Temperature
- ½ cups Fresh Key Lime Juice (or Bottled, If You Prefer)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Plain Gelatin
- 1 Tablespoon Cold Water
- 2 Tablespoons Confectioner's Sugar
- ½ teaspoons Vanilla
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together graham cracker crumbs, coconut, sugar and butter with a fork in a medium sized bowl. Press mixture evenly into a 9-inch glass pie pan (not deep dish). Make sure the mixture covers the bottom and sides of the pan. Bake on a rack in the middle of the oven for 8-10 minutes (mine took 8 minutes). Remove to a wire rack and cool.
Mix together sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks with a whisk until combined. Add in lime juice and whisk again until thoroughly combined. Pour filling mixture into cooled crust. Bake on a rack in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes. Cool pie on a wire rack and then chill for at least 6-8 hours or overnight.
About an hour before serving the pie, put heavy cream in a large bowl. Place gelatin and water in a small dish in the microwave. Heat 5-10 seconds or just until gelatin is melted. Add this mixture to the heavy cream and whip just until combined. Refrigerate this mixture for about an hour.
When ready to serve, whip the heavy cream mixture with confectioner’s sugar and vanilla until stiff. Place into a pastry bag and pipe onto pie as desired.
Pictures and reviews to follow on Black Friday...Mari Ann and Shawn have to work Thanksgiving....
Wishing all of you
a wonderful and prayerful