I was on a cooking binge last Sunday made some stew which was OK, but nothing to brag about, but these two recipes are worth bragging about and passing on to all my friends and family. They are both recipes I got from my favorite web site Tasty Kitchen, that I merged with other recipes, tweaked to my own taste and ended up tasting great even though I forgot one ingredient in one recipe.
3/4 C Butter -- room temp
8 Oz Cream Cheese -- room temp
2 C sugar
3 C flour
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1 1/2 C bananas (apx 4 medium) -- mashed (if very soft just break into pieces and toss into mixing bowl beating till incorporated)
1 C nuts
1/2 t vanilla (optional if us use coconut)
1 C Coconut
1 C Coconut
- Cream butter and cream cheese until creamy, slowly add sugar, beating till very light and fluffy about 3-5 minutes
- Add eggs 1 at a time beating until just blended after each
- Combine dry ingredients, and slowly add to mixture beating on low spread until just blended
- Stir in mashed bananas nuts and vanilla if you are not using the coconut, I forgot the vanilla when I made this with the coconut and it still tastesd great.
- Spoon into 24 paper cup lined muffin tin. I made 6 large muffins, 12 regular size and the small loaf pictured above. Sorry about that picture I'll try to take a better one soon.
- Bake at 325 for 25 minutes remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Or have one while it's warm from the oven with a little butter on it...
- If you like you can frost them with your favorite Cream Cheese Frosting....so very good.
My Apple Pie
2 T lemon juice
1 double pie crust
4 T flour
1 t cinnamon
3/4 C lightly packed brown sugar
Sprinkle of nutmeg
2 T Maple Syrup opt.
1 T heavy cream
4 T butter
- Place the peeled, cored and sliced apples in a large bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice and toss apples to coat. Mix together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg in a bowl then sprinkle over the apples tossing to coat well, them add syrup and cream to the apples, stir to mix. Set aside.
- Place bottom crust in a deep dish pie plate, pour in apple mixture, dot the top of the apples with the butter, then place the top crust on top of the butter and apples.
- Seal/crimp the edges of the pie, cut several slits or holes in the top crust, brush with melted butter, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Place in a 400* oven for 20 minutes, them lower heat to 375* and continue to bake about 50 minutes more, watching the crust for the perfect golden brown, lay a sheet of foil over the pie to prevent over browning.
- Allow to cool at least 1 hour before serving. Top with Blue Bell. Yummmm!