Monday, October 8, 2012

Finally, fall is here...

Opened as many windows as I could to let that wonderful crisp fall air in the house.  I've been craving those wonderful comfort foods like chili, soup, stew or even just a cup of tomato soup and a grill cheese for weeks.  Today the high is suppose to be only in the 60's...so cozy, just perfect for some Chicken'n Dumplin's (2nd recipe down), but this time I'm trying to cut the recipe in half (never done that before) , always make chicken'n dumplin's for an army.  Also, I'm taking a few short cuts, like buying canned chicken.  Also making some Carmel Apple Cupcakes  I found the recipe on, where else, on the Tasty Kitchen web site, but I just made a 1/2 recipe (see my 1/2 a cake mix recipe).  Got to have something sweet for the grandgirls lunch boxes.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Just sampled the cupcakes.  They are really really moist, but I'm not real crazy about the caramel icing/frosting.  Think I would prefer a softer/fluffier caramel frosting, if there is such a thing, may have to do a little experimenting on this,  I'm thinking even a peanut butter cream cheese frosting would be good, but with just a hint of peanut butter.  PS;  the grand girls didn't like the cupcakes, one wouldn't even try them the other ate about 1/2 of one.  Guess it has to be chocolate or nothing for them...
The chicen'n dumplin's were very tasty but I made to many dumplin's and not enough broth.
Next time I'm making chili,  but I'm going to use stew meat instead of hamburger....We'll see how that turns out.




No comments:

Post a Comment