Sunday, January 22, 2012

On the menu for today...

Today is Sunday, my favorite day of the week,  It's kind's a end and a beginning at the same time.  One week is finished and a new week is starting.  Does that make any since?  O'well it's going to be a wonderful, easy day.

I 've already put a pot roast in to cook, a recipe I found on Tasty Kitchen,  Creamy Portabella Pot Roast  along with some Beefy Rice, Biscuits and something green...think I'll ask Mari Ann to bring the green...The pot roast recipe called for portabellas...of course, the closest grocery store to me was out, but they had some baby Bella's on sale which I substitute.  The beefy rice is just regular long grain rice made with beef stock instead of water and I'm cheating on the biscuits, I bought some frozen "Mary B's".  I've not used these before usually I keep the Pillsbury frozen biscuits in the freezer cause they are just so handy, when I'm just cooking for two, and they are pretty good.  I'll let you know what I think of the Mary B's.

OK,  the Mary B's biscuits were pretty darn good, the pot roast was good, but missing something, I'm not sure what, but definitely a do again, with a little more or less of something...


No comments:

Post a Comment