Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Cooking on Wednesday? ! ? ! ?

My grandgirls . . . and I were wanting something on the Italian side tonight so I decides to make a version of the Three Cheese Stuffed Shells from the Tasty Kitchen site.  I have made this before and believe it or not followed the recipe pretty close to exact,  but this time I wanted to make only a half recipe and as it sometimes works out I didn't have everything I needed in my pantry tonight, so here's what I did:

My Stuffed Shells

  • 1/2 a box of large shells
  • 22 oz Ricotta cheese give or take
  • 1/4 C Parmesan grated/shredded + some to sprinkle on top
  • 1 C Mozzarella grated/shredded + some to sprinkle on top
  • 1/2 - 1 egg beaten
  • 1/2 a can spinach as much moisture squeezed out as you can without making it mushy.  I know fresh or frozen would probably work better.
  • Parsley, Basil and garlic powder to taste
  • 1 jar of your favorite Marinara Sauce
Cook shells as directed on package.  Mix everything together in a bowl except for the marinara sauce.  Spray  pan with a non-stick cooking spray, pour about a cup of the sauce into the pan, Preheat oven to 350 degrees.   Then put you cheese mixture into a zip-lock bag, snip one bottom corner of the bag and proceed to fill the shells,  When all shells are filled top with remaining sauce, sprinkle more of the parmesan and mozzarella cheese  on top, then bake for about 30 min or until hot and bubbly.



No comments:

Post a Comment