Saturday, April 14, 2012

Saturday, working in my herb garden

GiGi checking out my work.
Spent a little time cleaning up and planting some more herbs in my little garden this morning.  I wish I had the ability, the money and the knowledge to have a huge herb garden like some of the Food Network TV chefs, but I don't so here's what I do have.  A little patch just to the side of my backyard patio.  In that, I have Rosemary, English and Chocolate Mint, Tarragon, Sage, Parsley, and Thyme.  At least I think that's what I have.  I know for sure about the rosemary, the mints, the thyme and the parsley.  Not for sure about the other 2 my plant identifiers went missing...I just know they smell really good.  Last year the parsley did nothing, this year it has come back with a vengeance.  The rosemary at the far end is doing beautifully.  If anybody needs some just let me know
Creeping Thyme

Sweet Basil

Arugala


I potted four new herbs separately, basil (2 pots), a creeping thyme, and some arugula, can't wait to try that on some sandwiches and in some salads. 


discovered some blackberry vines growing behind an old wooden swing that belonged to my mom and dad today, wouldn't it be awesome if the vines would use the swing to grow on and in a couple of years I would have fresh blackberry pie.
See those tiny little red berries...soon to be black.

No comments:

Post a Comment