Monday, June 11, 2012

Hear my prayer...

Last week was a very busy week for me.  The Christus House Clinic had a lot going on, 3 clinic days, one doctor out, one soon to be out, and a new Family Nurse Practitioner has joined our staff at least for the summer, but we are all hoping her stay will be a long one.  All of this means that schedules must be revamped and phone calls to the patient to reschedule them to a different doctor or a different day. On top of that we had 20 new patients scheduled for first visits.  I have been spending about 40 hours a week at the clinic, trying to keep up with the work that needs to be done before we open the doors for a clinic day and the work that has to get done after a clinic day.  We are in desperate need of volunteers.  We are in need of, especially nurses, doctors, and phlebotomists, But that is not to say you can't help if you don't know anything about the medical field. If you know the alphabet and can file, if you can help us with our old computers, if you can make copies, if you can take a sample of a chart and duplicate it 30-50 times...WE NEED YOU!  even if you can only give 1 day a month, more would be awesome, but 1 would gratefully appreciated.

I have been the recipient of some wonderful fresh veggies, slicing and cherry tomatoes, purple hull peas, and some peppers.  Thursday I blanched the peas, yesterday I boiled some of the tomatoes that were still green with some garlic and jalapenos. Then I pureed it but it in 1 cup size freezer bags then but it in the freezer.  This is a part of a green salsa recipe  (6th recipe down) I love with Mexican food (there are a couple of Mexican restaurants that serve it with their chips).  I just but a bunch of the cherry tomato in the oven to pan roast them, so I can use them in soups and casserole later in the year.  I found this recipe on-line, (somewhere?).  All you do is wash and dry your tomatoes, put them on a foil lined 1 inch deep cookie sheet, sprinkle them with olive oil, salt throw in a couple of cloves of garlic, (I would have used a whole pod but I didn't have one), preheat the oven to 250 degrees cook for about 3 hours.  When they are almost completely shriveled up allow them to cool, place in freezer containers top with a little more olive oil and freeze.  I still have about a pint of cherry tomatoes and about 8 ripening slicing tomatoes on the counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment